Hindi Meaning:- उग्र, प्रचण्ड, कटु, तीक्ष्ण, तेज, तीखा
English Meaning:- angry in tone, bitter
For an argument, angry and full of strong bitter feelings and words marked by strong resentment or cynicism; "an acrimonious dispute"; "bitter about the divorce"
1. His parents went through an acrimonious divorce.
2. The man was acrimonious about being in a wheel chair for the rest of his life.
3. During the campaign, the politicians engaged in acrimonious debate, accusing each other of gross misdeeds.
4. You may give that acrimonious tone to your mother, but in the classroom, I demand the utmost respect.
5. A referee miscalling will certainly spark acrimonious tempers in living rooms around the world.
6. From crumbs in the butter to jelly in the peanut butter jar, it didn't take much for the acrimonious man to get into a temper.
acrid, sharp, biting, hateful, resentful, hostile, spiteful, pungent, caustic, bitter
kind, pleasant, forgiving, good-tempered, dulcet, honeyed, luscious, sweet
Previous words of the week: Lugubrious