Hindi Meaning: स्वतंत्रता, आजादी, स्वावलम्बन, स्वाधीनता
English Meaning: 1. The state of being independent.
2. Independence is a condition of a nation, country, or state in which its residents and population, or some portion thereof, exercise self-government, and usually sovereignty, over the territory.
3. Freedom from control or influence of others.
4. If a country has or gains independence, it has its own government and is not ruled by any other country.
5. Someone's independence is the fact that they do not rely on other people.
Example: 1. He was afraid of losing his "independence".
2. India celebrates "Independence" day on 15 August
3. Independence is necessary for peoples who want success in their life.
Synonyms: freedom, liberty, originality, self rule, self-reliance, emancipation
Antonyms: dependence, subordination, slavery, servitude
Previous words of the week: Jeopardize