Hindi Meaning : अस्पष्ट, अनेकार्थी, संदिग्धार्थक, संदिग्ध, गोल-मोल
English Meaning : 1. If you describe something as ambiguous, you mean that it is unclear or confusing because it can be understood in more than one way.
2. Containing several different ideas or attitudes that do not fit well together.
3. Ambiguous is something that is confusing or has more than one meaning.
4. Open to more than one interpretation; having a double meaning.
1. Students have "ambiguous" feelings about their role in the world.
2. This agreement is very "ambiguous" and open to various interpretations.
3. The results of the experiment were ambiguous, and no conclusions could be made.
4. His ambiguous response probably meant that he had not made a decision yet.
Synonyms : unclear, voyage, obscure, illegible, equivocal, unreadable, opaque
Antonyms : lucid, clear, plain, sure, unambiguous, certain, determine, obvious
Previous words of the week: Embroil