Hindi Meaning : धमकाना, धमकी देना
English Meaning :
1. intimidate (someone), typically into doing something, with stern or abusive words.
2. If someone tries to browbeat you, they try to force you to do what they want.
1. He does not browbeat, but quietly negotiates to bring people around.
2. They browbeat everyone who disagrees with them.
3. They try to browbeat us so that we never disagree with them and let them to do bad things.
Synonyms : scarify, bluster, daunt, intimidate, threaten, terrorize
Antonyms : assist, coax, praise, boost, help, compliment
Previous word of the week : Propitiate